MiWLA Handouts and Links

Rejoinder List  we dicussed in Carol Gaab’s workshop on Friday

Transforming the World Language Classroom With Formative Assessment 1:00-4:30 pm University 1

Formative Assessment MiWLA 2011

Angry Birds Article

Robo en la noche Choice Board Projects

Formative Assessment Teacher Tools

Reading Comprehension Assessment

Writing Rubric

Cute “Secret Message” Activity

Formative Assessment Card Sorting Activity (if you are a coach feel free to borrow and use!)

Online Resources for Maximum Learning Impact  2:30-3:20 pm Ballroom F

Handout

Leave your impressions of these resources here! http://willyou.typewith.me/p/miwla

Advertisements

12 thoughts on “MiWLA Handouts and Links

1. Rouble Narine August 3, 2012 / 7:05 PM

I’m very happy to see that there’s still a little great content to find online.
    I’m so sick of google delivering me garbage.

2. Courtney Leibrandt October 24, 2011 / 11:07 AM

Hi Kristy!
    Thank you so much for all the helpful info on Formative Assessment! I really enjoyed your workshop and thought you did a great job. This is my first year as a FA coach and sometimes the path is not always clear. Now, thanks to your presentaton, I can’t wait to share these ideas with my team! Have a great school year!

• Rebecca May 21, 2012 / 11:53 AM

Hello Kristy,
      a great site and resources. Thank you.
      What are waterfall notes?
      We are adapting the choice board for Esperanza.
      Gracias,

Rebecca

• kplacido May 21, 2012 / 12:26 PM

Waterfall notes are just a little booklet with offset sheets of paper stapled together and we have kids take notes about various characters in a novel on them. If I can find an example I will post a picture! I would love it if you would share what you create for Esperanza! 🙂

• Rebecca May 22, 2012 / 10:34 AM

Gracias!
          I’ll look for the example when you have time..

3. Emily October 22, 2011 / 12:48 PM

Great handout, Kristy! Next time I will be at the session!

• kplacido October 22, 2011 / 1:12 PM

Thanks Emily! I thought the whole conference was great this year! My entire department was there and they all really enjoyed it! They of course loved Carol Gaab, and they are all looking forward to coming again next year at the Radisson!

4. Luis October 21, 2011 / 3:13 PM

Your two sessions were great and very practical, gracias por compartir todos estos recursos con nosotros! I’ll be using this stuff for sure!

• kplacido October 22, 2011 / 11:18 AM

Muchísimas gracias por haber venido a mis talleres Luis! Nos vemos! 🙂

5. kplacido October 21, 2011 / 8:22 AM

Workshop participants, if there is anything else you would like me to share here, please let me know! Thanks for coming to the workshop!